Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my friend?
- Absolutely! Bring whoever you need to be more comfortable.
- You may also bring music, incense, whatever you need to allow me to capture the real you.
- We LOVE to photograph animals, but call ahead so we can make sure our terriers are put away.
- What is your photography limited to?
- These days it’s difficult to say “anything and everything”. I’ll say we’re willing to try pretty much anything and everything. I say try because, I’ll admit, there are assignments we haven’t tackled, but we are more than happy to! Have an idea for a photo shoot? Questions? Just ASK .
- Do you have price lists available online?
- No, there are wedding price lists, portraits price lists, family portrait price lists, glamour portrait price lists and a price list for senior portraits available by contacting the studio via phone or email.
- Do you require a deposit?
- Yes, the deposit varies by event and is due to reserve services. The deposit is payable by cash, check, money order or MasterCard/Visa. The balance is due two (2) weeks before the event.
- What if I have to cancel? Do I get my deposit back?
- No and yes. I do not refund deposits, but I will issue a credit valid for six (6) months.
- What type of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, check, and all Major Credit Cards.
- Do you offer payment plans?
- We prefer not to, but have been known to set up plans. Contact us and we’ll see what we can do.
- Can I add prints and product to my package?
- Definitely! Please call to get a copy of our add-on price list.
- I’m from out of town. Will you help me make my other wedding arrangements?
- If you desperately need a photograph of a facility so you can see what it looks like, we may be able to do that. If you need me to arrange your wedding, I will not be able to do that.
- What if the weather’s bad?
- If the weather’s bad we can keep in contact and have a flexible schedule throughout that day. Or we can reschedule. Or we can make the best of the crazy weather and come up with a creative way of incorporating into your photographs. (just a thought)
- What do you use for lighting equipment?
- Most of the time we use an 800 Speedlite bounce flash. This flash is able to be bounced off of walls and ceilings to provide more natural lighting.
- In the studio, our main lights are multiple large soft boxes and umbrellas that create light that just seems to wrap around you, and lots more!
- You don’t have information listed on the type of photos that I’m looking to get done. Are you limited to your online menu?
- No, we will shoot almost anything! Please contact us with the details of your project and we will get back to you with a quote.
- What is your mailing and studio address?
- Captured Radiance Photography, 6895 Brighton Street, Summerset, SD 57718.
What to expect after your photo shoot
- Can you post or e-mail some of the good ones before you work on all the rest? I just really want to see how they turned out.
- It is best to wait for all of the photographs to be posted online. The wait difference is at the most a day or two. For me to stop what I’m doing to show you a few delays the rest of your photographs being posted.
- When will my photos be posted online?
- Your photographs will be online within 2-6 weeks of being taken. We will e-mail you a notification when they are up.
- You photos will remain online for 6 months. Please contact us if you need them to be posted longer, would like a password protected event, or if you would rather not have your photos posted at all.
- How do I choose my prints?
- You can begin choosing prints as soon as the images are online. If you are going to be ordering large quantities you may want to keep track of your favorites before you finalize your order. If you contact us we may be able to save you the time of having to go back and enter your large order. We may even extend a bulk discount.
- If you have purchased a package that comes with prints, please place your order with the studio.
- You may also mail a print order form if you are uncomfortable ordering online.
- Please note that you are not limited to only one image with your package except wallets. They come in quantities of 8. When you choose a qty of 8 you receive wallets cut with rounded edges. Quantities of 8 may also have text printed in the corner. (no extra charge)
- How long will my order take?
- Once you have ordered prints they will be ready for pick-up or mailing within 1-3 weeks of your order. Priority is given to photos or other prints that are due for an upcoming deadline. Feel free to request an estimated time for completion and let us know if there are pressing circumstances. We can’t guarantee that we can fulfill your desires, but we will try.
- A larger event can take up to 6-8 weeks.
WE NOW ARE SERVING AND HAVE OFFICES IN CHADRON, NE AS WELL AS IN THE BLACK HILLS OF SOUTH DAKOTA